I know that I am not the only person who loves those yummy antojitos, so I have written how I make these antojitos at home. I hope that you will enjoy them as much as I do and please feel free to tweak the recipe to suit your taste.
Montana's Style Antojitos Recipe
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1/8 cooking onion
- 3-4 jalapeño slices (You can add more if you want it spicier)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (You can add a bit more if you like cheese, but don’t go overboard because the pinwheels will not hold together if there is too much cheese.)
- ½ package (125g or 4 oz) of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2-3 flour tortillas
- Cut peppers, onions and jalepeños very fine.
- Mix shredded cheese into mixture. (Some people just add the cheddar cheese on top once it is spread on the tortilla.)
- Mix cream cheese into mixture.
- Spread mixture thinly onto a tortilla. This should make 2-3 tortillas.
- Roll tortillas and cut about ½ - 3/4 inch slices to make pin wheels.
- Place pin wheels sideways on tray.
- Bake at 350°F for 17-20 minutes.
|Mix cheddar cheese with peppers and onions.|
|Mix cream cheese in the mixture.|
|Roll tortilla into pin wheel and cut 1/2-3/4 inch slices.|
|Bake at 350°F for 17-20 minutes.|