Monday, February 4, 2013

Montana's Style Antojito Recipe

I must admit that I LOVE the antojitos served at Montanas restaurant.  Every time I go to Montanas, I actually order the antojito appetizer as my main course.  That's how much I LOVE it!  In fact, I love them so much, that I actually wrote down the ingredients from their menu and then googled how to make them myself.

I know that I am not the only person who loves those yummy antojitos, so I have written how I make these antojitos at home.  I hope that you will enjoy them as much as I do and please feel free to tweak the recipe to suit your taste.

Montana's Style Antojitos Recipe
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1/8 cooking onion
  • 3-4 jalapeƱo slices (You can add more if you want it spicier)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (You can add a bit more if you like cheese, but don’t go overboard because the pinwheels will not hold together if there is too much cheese.)
  • ½ package (125g or 4 oz) of cream cheese at room temperature 
  • 2-3 flour tortillas
Directions:
  1. Cut peppers, onions and jalepeƱos very fine. 
  2. Mix shredded cheese into mixture. (Some people just add the cheddar cheese on top once it is spread on the tortilla.) 
  3. Mix cream cheese into mixture. 
  4. Spread mixture thinly onto a tortilla. This should make 2-3 tortillas. 
  5. Roll tortillas and cut about ½ - 3/4 inch slices to make pin wheels. 
  6. Place pin wheels sideways on tray. 
  7. Bake at 350°F for 17-20 minutes. 
Enjoy their deliciousness by dipping them in sour cream.

Mix cheddar cheese with peppers and onions.

Mix cream cheese in the mixture.




Roll tortilla into pin wheel and cut 1/2-3/4 inch slices.
Bake at 350°F for 17-20 minutes.

2 comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...