Friday, January 11, 2013

10 Things I would tell my 15-16 year old self

No one is perfect in this world.  We all make mistakes and we all have regrets. At least, I haven't met anyone who didn't have any regrets.  We all know that hind sight is 20/20.  Sometimes I think to myself that if I were able to go back in time, what would I do?  It always ends up that I would either try to steer my younger self in certain directions in order to avoid making certain mistakes or to put me on the right track of what I need to be doing in order to start doing it at an earlier time.

So here are 10 pieces of advice that I would tell my 15-16 year old self:

  1. Stay away from that loser.  He's not worth it in any way, shape or form.
  2. Don't worry about finding THE one.  You will find him and he will be wonderful.
  3. Don't wear so much makeup.
  4. Start seeing a chiropractor.  It's worth the early investment, instead of waiting until you're 27.
  5. Do NOT sit on your feet for that all nighter history assingment you end up doing.  It will crush the lymph nodes in your feet and give you a lifetime of swelling in your feet and ankles.
  6. You are worth so much more than you know.
  7. Make sure that you still go to Egypt on your 30th birthday, as planned, instead of opting for Italy & Greece because Sarita chickens out. 
  8. Be kind to your hair.  Don't bother with dying it so much because when you finally get to the age that you need to dye it, you will long for the days of your natural colour.
  9. When you go to college, make sure to take the final $1000 of your government student loan in your last year because it will be free money due to loan forgiveness of anything over $6000/year.
  10. Stay close to the Lord and don't slack off going to church because it will help to keep you on the straight and narrow and you will have fewer regrets.
I would love to hear about other people's advice that they would give their teenage selves.

Me at sixteen.

8 comments:

  1. Great advice Linda! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and following...following you now! Lovely blog, btw! Have a blessed weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting post and I will be waiting for other great news from you in the nearest future.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...